Access your files
As staff and pupils at the Hewett School, we can all access from home our files and documents saved on the School computer network. We can also download and upload files to the network from home. To do this:
- click on the link below.
- enter the same username and password that you use on the school system.
- enter HewettHigh next to "Server".
If you encounter problems doing this, then be aware that the system is managed by Norfolk County Council, and is therefore beyond our control at school.
Please note that certain technical requirements and rules have to be met by you and your home computer for this to work.
- You have a logon account at The Hewett.
- Your network password is at least 6 characters long, and does not contain spaces or symbols. If this is not the case, you must ask a member of the ICT Department to change your password for you before you try to use Remote Access.
- Your home computer has an internet connection.
- You must be using a compatible, Java-capable web browser. For the purposes of this guide, it will be assumed that you are using Internet Explorer 6. Other browsers such as Firefox or Mozilla may work to varying degrees.
- You may not place programs (any executable file) or games in your folder or any network folder such as Public.
- You may not place any unsuitable material (such as pornographic images) in your folder or any shared folder.
- You may not place music (mp3) or video files in your folder or any shared folder.
- You must not attempt to log in to the network as any user besides yourself.
- Do not allow anyone else to log in as you, or tell anyone else your password.